Gerard O’Flaherty is a senior member of the firm who has served as its President and Chairman of the Board. Mr. O’Flaherty works with the firm’s estate planning, corporate and business practice groups. His practice primarily involves all aspects of estate and trust planning, commercial transactions, business formation and real estate matters. Mr. O’Flaherty is licensed to practice in Wisconsin as well as Minnesota, where he resides.
Mr. O’Flaherty graduated with honors from Marquette University Law School where he served as associate editor of the Marquette Law Review. He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree with honors from St. Mary’s College. Mr. O’Flaherty is a member of the American Bar Association, the Minnesota Bar Association, State Bar of Wisconsin, Third District Bar Association in Minnesota and the La Crosse County Bar Association. Currently, Mr. O’Flaherty is active with expanding the law firm’s estate and trust practices and is a regular presenter of seminars on estate planning topics with a special focus on retirement plan distributions to community and professional groups.
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Federal Court — Minnesota and Western and Eastern Districts of Wisconsin
- Minnesota Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- La Crosse County Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of Wisconsin Fee Arbitration Panel
- Third District (Minnesota) Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin Real Estate, Probate and Trust, and Elder Law sections
- Member, Gundersen Lutheran Foundation Advisory Council, 2000 to present
- Member, American Red Cross Board of Directors and Financial Development Committee, 1998 to 2005
- Member, Boy Scouts, Gateway Area Council Executive Board, 1997 to 2007
- Volunteer Attorney, Aquinas High School Mock Trial and Topic Presenter
- La Crosse Irishfest, Board Member, 2005 to present
- Greater La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce
- Legal Counsel, Coulee Region Soccer Club
- La Crosse Country Club Board Member and President, 2005 to 2007
- Legal Counsel to La Crosse Irishfest and Trustee
- Member, St. Joseph Cathedral Parish
- “Jerry: Thanks for doing such a good job!!! You reminded me of Perry Mason when you jumped up and set [the opposing attorney] in his place at the [Board of Adjustment]. Great job!”
January 15, 2016 e-mail from a client following Mister O’Flaherty’s appearance in front of a local Board of Adjustment regarding a matter related to frac sand mining.